Users have the option to make modification to an existing Utilibill Invoice template or to create their own from scratch. This instruction guide will focus on modifying an existing Invoice Template.
To locate the Invoice Set-up section of the platform, users must select the Admin Tab, then Invoice Set-up which is located under the Miscellaneous Section heading:
The generated screen will display a list of all Utilibill invoice templates, as well as all user created invoice templates.
Modify an existing Invoice Template
There are two buttons located at the far right hand side of each listed Invoice Template:
- Blue Action Button: users can make template modifications
- Red Delete Button: users can delete the existing template
Selecting the Action button will generate the Invoice Setup screen, Step 1.
This screen allows users to make changes to the invoice name, paper size, height, width, margins and invoice categories. To proceed, users must select Save Invoice to protect changes or can select Next if changes aren’t required.
Selecting either option will generate Create the Invoice Template screen, Step 2.
This screen enables users to make modifications to and customise the field specifications included in each category. *For category and field specification definitions, please scroll further down.
Fields can be added to the template by either:
- Clicking on a field then dragging it to the desired template location.
- Clicking on the template location desirable, then double clicking on the preferred field.
Please note that as our Invoice template editor uses HTML formatting, we recommend users take time to familiarise themselves with all HTML tools available. there are many free, online tutorials that users can access for further assistance.
Users must ensure to click Save after making changes to each category.
Users can get an idea of what the bill section category will look like by selecting Preview all.
Once all desired customisations have been saved, users can select Finish.
Users can now begin a Bill Run!
Invoice Template Categories:
To facilitate invoice customisation, each template is divided into 11 editable section Utilibill call categories.
1 – Front Page – MAIN: This category enables users to customise the main area of the front page of the invoice. Defined specifically, it covers the area from the top of the page up to where the [CHARGESUMMARY] begins, the entire right hand side and ‘how to pay section’ at the bottom of the page.
2 – Front Page – CHARGESUMMARY: This category enables users to customise the display of the Charge Summary area. It does not include the Charge Summary List, which has its own category.
3 – Font Page – CHARGESUMMARY-LIST: This category enables users to customise the Charge Summary List itself.
4 – Account summary – itemisation: This category enables usesrs to customise the invoice Account Summary. Please note that this does not include the [ITEMIZATION-LIST-HEADER] itself, which has its own category.
5 – Account Summary – [ITEMISATION-LIST-HEADER]: This category enables users to customise the chargeable items included in the Account Summary.
6 – Account Summary – [ITEMISATION-LIST]: This category enables users to customise the Account Summary section headings.
7 – Statement and Usage bar graph – [GRAPH]: This category enables users to customise information relating to customer ‘averages’ ect. Users can also remove this section entirely.
8 – Statement and Usage bar graph – [GRAPH-IMAGE]: This category enables users to customise what the graph will represent. *Users can select between a bar or stacked bar graph.
9 – EziDebit BPay – [BPAY]: This category allows users to customise the BPAY details which will be displayed in the BPAY details which will be displayed in the BPAY area of the ‘how to pay section’ located on the front page.
10 – Account Summary – [ITEMISATION-ENERGY-CHARGES]: This category is not in available.
11 – Account Summary – [ITEMISATION-ENERGY-LIST-HEADER]: This category is not available.
12 – Account Summary – [ITEMISATION-ENERGY-LIST]: This category is not available.
Fields are options that users can select from to include on the Invoice Template. There are five Field Types, all of which align with a specific category section on the invoice. Users can either drag the Field option to the invoice or can double click on a Field option, which will appear in the place where the mouse last clicked.
1. Global Fields: These Field options are the most commonly used when working on invoice category section of an Invoice Template.
2. Iterator Fields (Charges Summary): These Field options are only to be used when working on invoice category 2 – Front Page – CHARGES SUMMARY and category 3 – Front Page – CHARGES SUMMARY – LIST.
3. Iterator Fields (Itemisation): These Field options are only to be used when working on invoice category 4 – Account summary – ITEMISATION, category 5 – Account Summary – [ITEMISATION-LIST-HEADER] and category 6 – Account Summary – [ITEMISATION-LIST].
4. Graph Fields: These Field options are only to be used when working on invoice category 7 – Statement and Usage bar graph – [GRAPH], category 8 – Statement and Usage bar graph – [GRAPH-IMAGE].
5. EziDebit BPay: These Field options are only to be used when working on invoice category 9 – EziDebit BPay – [BPAY].